Friday, June 12, 2009

Randy's new calling!!!

The past week has brought some changes to our family. Randy was called to be the Bishop for the North Logan 12th Ward. Randy has loved working with the 11-year-old scouts. We're all feeling a little overwhelmed and nervous this week, but we know that Randy will do a wonderful job and the ward will love him as we do. He has a lot of compassion and love to share with the people in the ward. He told the ward he was just going to treat them as one big scout troop.

7 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you dad! I know you are going to be an amazing Bishop.. Bishop Ivie....It has a nice ring to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...he will be a great bishop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bishop Ivie, Now Jim won't be the only one in the family to be teased! We love you. You will be a wonderful bishop and Sherri will be a great bishop's wife. Love Ya, Jim and Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Good luck with that! He will make a great Bishop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congraulaitons Bishop Ivie! I'm glad the Lord waited until most of your children are grown. It should be a little bit easier on Sherri. You will be terrific. We wish you well and love you lots. Love, LaDawn and family

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY BISH! I love the idea of treating them all like a big bunch of boy scouts. Just treat all the women like your sisters.... you'll be fine. They are lucky to have my big brother as their fearless leader. I guess I can share.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am still waiting for you to post a picture of Riley's new hair cut

    ReplyDelete